Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Change in the air....

    Have you ever noticed how the wind smells when rain is on it's way? Refreshing. Clean. Changing. Although it is not raining here today, I feel this scent in my very soul. I feel The Lord's hand of peace on my heart. Be calm, be still- I hear Him say. A peace that surpasses all understanding. I can not see a change in our future as is. I am not planning for one per se. But, I can not shake that feeling. Throw away the excess, pack it up, clean it out.....
  
       So, that is where I'm at these days. Looking on the horizon for any clue to as what could be coming. What is around that corner? In preparation of the unknown, I am cleaning out every nook and cranny... slowly but surely. I am reevaluating what is needed and what is fluff. I am questioning every. single. item. I am sifting through my things and my thoughts too. What have I been told that I believed blindly? What needs a firm foundation of The Gospel and what needs to go? 

    Maybe the change isn't in things, location or even schedule. Or maybe it is all three. Maybe the change is something bigger? Better? Or, maybe the change is in me.  Either way, no matter where this road takes me, I want to be prepared. I want to be clean, refreshed and eager for a new adventure. I want to find daily comfort in whatever is coming He prepared for me.......

 What are you preparing for today? Can you smell the rain today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...