Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Busy, or lack of planning....

   It's been awhile. I've been feeling, um well, sick. And tired. But, not sick and tired. *smile* I announced last time here, that we are expecting our 5th little blessing in January. We are SO excited. The girls are just beside themselves and planning all sorts of things to do for the baby and of course talking names already. It really is sweet to see how much they are anticipating this little one. *beam*

  I have been making lists (you know that's what I do best!) and trying to evaluate where I need to work on and tweak to make easier/more efficient. Of course on my list are some behavior/discipline issues with some of my people, scheduling and school, my meal planning/menu, increasing my freezer-to-crockpot meals, and of course thinking of creative solutions for where to put Baby and B so they both get sleep. So, you know I've just been doing nothing and eating bon-bons! *laugh*

   In these re-evaluations I've been comvicted that some of our busyness is not caused by things, time, or even people/activities; but in fact, our lack of planning.

The lack of managing me.

     Ouch. I heard that online somewhere (if you know who said this, please tell me so I can give credit!) and it really resonated with me. Am I busy or just not managing my time (read: me) well? Do we have too much stuff (which is coming in another post!), or am I not teaching my people to manage themselves well? Are we invested in too many outside activities and not investing our time in eternal matters (the hearts of our children for example)? I know for me these are hard questions to look at. They challenge everything I have been taught in regards to motherhood, homemaking, and life in general. They make me look at the heart of the matter- my priorities as it relates to the Lord and not just my comforts.

    In this I will tell you that we have scaled down the toys, our extra activities, and I'm taking a second look at our school schedule to make sure that our focus is on the things of the Lord and not the latest "What my child needs to know by age 6" book (insert any age there).


For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world and forfeit his soul? For what can a man give in return for his soul?




- Mark 8:36-37












But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.




- Matthew 6:33









How do you manage you? What tips can you share?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...