Monday, July 2, 2012

Only two days matter....

     I had a friend over the other day. She shared with me something that has ran through my mind since.

Only two days matter. This day and That day. Today and The day we meet the Lord face to face. 

    Wow. That's all I've got. It just keeps running circles in my brain. Like a bad 80's song that your mother told you not to listen to (for the inappropriate theme I'm sure), but now your humming it to yourself. Or maybe that's just me. *awkward*

     To be totally honest, this hit me like a ton of bricks. I struggle with contentment. I have been working on living in contentment of today. Of not worrying about tomorrow or what could come. Of being prepared and planning but not letting life and tomorrow consume me. But also living with intention for That Day. I know- your saying to yourself, "But Jade, you can't be a mommy (especially to many) and not plan, think about and prepare for tomorrow!?" I know. I know. *sigh* I thought that too. But, then as I began to worry ponder it further I realized that they must co-exist somehow. This Day and That Day surely share something in common.

    I don't know about you, but the line between worry and concern/forethought is a bit gray. I am a planner by nature. And while I know that my planning can lead quickly to worry as I go over all the details, I have yet to stop the pattern of thoughts. It's like a spiral that once I'm on I can't seem to stop....

          "Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more then food and the body more then clothing? 
                                                                                                 -Matthew 6:25  NKJV

     This day is where I am. This Day is what I must live right now and make the best of whatever situation He has put me in (not to disregard personal responsibility). But in the light of That Day, I must pursue the important, not just the urgent; being intentional in everything, including my time. Living in that contentment and making the important things be priority is something I pray for guidance for every. single. day.   I do seek out godly women that mother many to learn how they balance it all and stay sane live a joy-filled life. It's a balance between seeking support and better ways of doing life and seeking my Father who made me and seeing how He would have me do this life HE gave me. 

   So, as I seek direction from the One who made me for this journey, I contemplate how I can do things better. How I can live in today and teach contentment to my girls both through my words and through my actions. How I can live with intention for That Day.

     "...For out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks." 
                                      -Luke 6:45b

    If I believe the sovereignty of God, and my heart is resting in Him, then my words should be those of contentment. I should have confidence in This day and That day. I should have peace. I should have direction of how to live in This Day with intention for That Day. I should be on my knees. 

    I don't have a checklist of how to live in This Day. Or how to live intentionally for That Day. I'm still processing it all too. But, what I do know is this journey of life will look different for us all. Where you are today is not where I am. But, living an intentional life is something that is needed. Or, we'll wake up and we'll be on our knees on That Day and our opportunity will be gone.  

So, how are you doing with This Day? Are you living for That Day? 
    

1 comment:

Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...